Leading the way in digital printing – DTF
The discussion of direct-to-film (DTF, white-ink digital hot stamping) printing versus DTG (direct-to-clothing, direct-jet printing) printing leads to the question: “What are the advantages of DTF technology?” While DTG printing produces high quality full-size prints with gorgeous colors and a very soft feel, DTF printing definitely has some advantages that make it the perfect complement to your clothing printing business.
Direct film printing involves printing a design onto a special film, coating and melting a powder adhesive onto the printed film, and then pressing the design onto a garment or merchandise. You’ll need transfer film and hot melt powder, as well as software to create the print-no other special equipment required! Below, we discuss seven advantages of this new technology.
1. Suitable for a variety of materials
While direct-to-garment printing works best on 100% cotton, DTF works with many different garment materials: cotton, nylon, treated leather, polyester, 50/50 blends, and both light and dark fabrics. Transfers can even be applied to different types of surfaces, such as luggage, shoes, and even glass, wood, and metal! You can expand your inventory by applying your designs to a variety of items using DTF.
2. No pretreatment
If you already own a DTG printer, you’re probably familiar with the preprocessing process (not to mention drying times). The hot melt capacity applied to the DTF transfer binds the print directly to the material, meaning that no pretreatment is required.
3. Save white ink
DTF requires less white ink – about 40% white, compared to 200% white for DTG printing. White ink tends to be the most expensive because it is used more and the pigment is titanium oxide, so reducing the amount of white ink used for printing can save a lot of money.
4. More durable than DTG printing
DTG prints are undeniably soft and almost feel free, as the ink is applied directly to the garment. While DTF printing doesn’t have the soft feel that DTG boasts, transfer printing is more durable. Transfer directly to film washes well and is flexible – meaning they won’t crack or flake, making them perfect for heavily used items.
5. Easy to apply
Printing to film transfer means you can place the design on hard-to-reach or awkward surfaces. If the area can be heated, you can apply a DTF design to it! Because only heat is required to adhere the design, you can even sell the printed transfer directly to your customers and allow them to place the design on any surface or item of their choice without special equipment!
6. Faster production process
Production time can be significantly reduced because you can eliminate the need to pre-process and dry the garment. This is good news for one-off or small-volume orders that have traditionally been unprofitable.
7. Help diversify your inventory
While it may not be feasible to print a bunch of the most popular designs on every size or color of clothing, with DTF printing, you can print popular designs ahead of time and use a very small space for storage. Then, you can always have your best-selling products ready to be applied to any garment as needed!
While DTF printing is still not a replacement for DTG, there are many reasons why DTF can be an important addition to your business.
Digital ink blotting release printing film (DTF film)
Digital printing (soft skin feeling) ink absorption printing PET film, suitable for digital transfer printing. The pattern after ironing has the same texture as PU paste, and feels softer than the paste (30~50% softer than the pattern printed with oil-based coating film).
Four major advantages:
1. The pattern after ironing has the texture like PU paste, with strong tensile resilience and no deformation. The feel is softer than the paste (30~50% softer than the pattern printed with oily coating film).
2. Adapt to the vast majority of ink in the market, 100% ink volume, no poly ink, no ink flow.
3. The membrane surface is dry, can sprinkle 200 mesh ultrafine powder but not stick powder, can be easily hot tear, warm tear, cold tear.
4. Exclusive ownership of core and key technologies at the forefront of the industry, more advantages in quality control and stability, and the power of scientific and technological innovation to lead the development of the industry in a new direction.
1. The ink-absorbing coating layer is the printing surface;
2. Handle gently and pay attention to scratch resistant ink absorbing coating;
3. After printing, bake for 40~90 seconds (adjust the suitable temperature according to the performance of hot melt powder);
4. Select 60~80 mesh hot melt powder can achieve second tear, 100~150 mesh hot melt powder recommended warm tear or cold tear, 150 mesh hot melt powder recommended cold tear;
5. Store in a dry place and keep away from moisture.
Post time: Aug-04-2022